Updated 2 July 2016
MTN offers a variety of price plans charging voice calls from 79c per minute to an hour of MTN talk time for R3.60. To change MTN price plans dial *141*4#.
MTN Base Plan
MTN Base is the default prepaid price plan, billed per second.
- Local calls R1.50 per minute
- Local SMS 50c
- Data base rate R1.50 per MB
MTN Pay Per Second Plan
All calls billed at 79 cents per minute billed per second any times to all local networks.
- Local calls R0.79c per minute
- Local SMS 0.50c
- Data base rate R0.99 per MB
MTN Zone Per Second Plan
Up to 100% discount on calls & SMS, all day every day. A minimum balance of R0.50 can get up to 100% discounts on calls and SMSs. Customers that have a balance of R0.49 or lower can get up to 99% discounts on call and SMSs
- Local call discounts based on R2.50 per minute
- Local SMS 0.75c
- Data base rate R2.00 per MB
MTN Talk Free Plan
R1.20 per minute on MTN-to-MTN calls for the first 3 minutes then the remaining 57 minutes are free.
- MTN calls R1.20 billed per second for the first 3 minutes then 57 minutes free
- Other local network calls charged at R0.79c per minute billed per second
- Local SMS 0.50c
MTN Pulse Plan
Call MTN Pulse customers for only 29 c/min* after the first 60 seconds of calling each day. Free 2 week trial on Simfy Africa, 3 free CallerTunez (Dial *123# to activate CallerTunez). All billing per second.
- Pulse to Pulse (your first 60 second call for the day) – R0.79 per minute
- Pulse to Pulse (all subsequent calls for the day) R0.29 per minute
- Pulse to other MTN customers R0.79 per minute billed
- Pulse to other local networks R1.20 per minute billed
- SMS to Pulse 25c
- SMS to all other local 50c
- Data base rate R2.00 per MB?
Source – MTN available price plans